HUD Foreclosure Guide Part 1 – Getting Help

by admin on February 20, 2009

To get the facts about housing and loans you should always start with the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. They offer free unbiased information that you can trust. It’s a great place to start looking if you want to: purchase a home, refinance, do a loan modification, go through foreclosure or any number of other activities.

If you are considering foreclosure, you should talk with a housing counselor. Look here on HUD’s website for approved housing counseling agencies and you will find a list of counseling businesses by state that can help you with purchasing a house, credit reporting, foreclosures, loan modification and even renting. For example if you lived in California, you can click on the state and you will see a list of at least 50 counseling companies that can help you. If you lived in Anaheim, the first listing would be a great place to start, the Anaheim Housing Authority, the Housing Counseling Agency. Call them up if you would like to know more about home equity programs, late mortgage payments and renting.

You should be able to find a HUD approved counseling near you, what are you waiting for – go straight to the source so you don’t get ripped by a company that is not licensed and HUD reviewed.

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: